The Business Training Academy
Franchise Finance’s Business Training Academy delivers a range of workshops and courses to franchisees, franchisors and other franchise professionals.
Why use the Business Training Academy?
- bfa Accredited Training Provider
- Tutors have real life business experience
- Avoid jargon and use simple analogies
- Relaxed and small classrooms
- Flexibility of training packages and locations
- Bespoke and off the shelf offering
- Quality of feedback
Our popular courses include:
Understanding Business Finance and Accounts – for Franchisees, Franchisors and Support Staff
The training will not turn participants into accountants but will give them an understanding of the key issues so that they are better able to monitor and manage their own business performance or professionally review the businesses that they are responsible for (our training is therefore appropriate for both Franchisors and Franchisees).
Our ‘financial’ training is based on three fundamental messages:
1) “Businesses go bust when they run out of money!”
2) “Turnover is Vanity, Profit is Sanity, Cash is Reality”.
3) “When you start to measure businesses performance only then can you truly manage business performance”.
Assisting Franchisees with their Financial Performance
This one day workshop is delivered to Franchisor staff whose role is to assist, monitor and encourage franchisees to build and improve their business performance. Their title varies between different brands but can generally be described as ‘Business Development Managers’. Often, when visiting franchisees, they are covering technical aspects and sales and marketing but often they are not covering key financial aspects such as profitability and working capital needs and this is usually due to a lack of knowledge. The workshop will give participants a good understanding of the basics and the confidence to help their franchisees to record, monitor and analyse their own financial performances.
Business Planning Workshop – for Franchisees
There is a very old saying in business: “Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail”. For some people, planning is all about the financial numbers and projections. These are extremely important but come after you determine what you want to achieve in your business and how you are going to get there.
So, your business plan is rather like a “Business SatNav’ which you can use to help you on your business journey, in order to get from where you are now to where you want to be in the future. It will help you to see what is around the corner and avoid you getting lost or running out of petrol (cash) along the way!
Part 1 – Business Planning
Part 2 – Understanding and Using Accounts
Part 3 – Understanding and Preparing Financial Projections
Part 4 – Completing your own Business Plan
BFA QFP Courses
The British Franchise Association’s Qualified Franchise Professional (QFP) award is the formal recognition of professional knowledge and experience in the franchising industry. Having these letters after your name demonstrates that you have achieved and understand the theory, complexities and best practices in franchising and have invested time to continuously develop your related skills.
The four mandatory modules delivered by Franchise Finance are as follows:
- How to Understand Franchisees Financial Performance (2 day course – 500 points)
- How to Monitor Franchisee Performance (1 day course – 250 points)
- How to Motivate Franchisees (1 day course – 250 points)
- How to Market your Franchise and Recruit for Network Growth (2 day course – 500 points)
For further information on attending a course/workshop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org