Directors share key messages and new initiatives at 3rd series of virtual regional meetings
TaxAssist Group directors finalise series of nine virtual meetings to update franchisees with network developments and plans for the future.
TaxAssist Accountants holds twice-yearly regional meetings with its franchisees, and a series of nine, in what is hoped are the last required to be held virtually, have just taken place.
Run by Group Operations Director, Sarah Robertson; Group Commercial Director, Daren Moore and Group Business Development Director, James Mattam, the regional meetings are a chance to provide a network update, detail new initiatives, discuss future plans and opportunities and receive feedback, to ensure that every franchisee is engaged, informed and supported, so that they can take full advantage of all of the help and services on offer to them through the Support Centre.
Sarah explained: “It was great to catch up with everybody and provide them with a really positive update of how well the network is continuing to perform and the many opportunities we see ahead for long-term sustained growth. We had many very productive questions and comments plus some good feedback, that has really highlighted the effectiveness of the events.”
The following key topics were covered during the meetings:
- TaxAssist Training Academy – The roll out of a new world class online Leaning Management and Training Delivery System.
- Software and Data – Planning ahead for Making Tax Digital, harnessing the power of client data and making the most of software efficiencies.
- Support Site – Newly designed framework offering a complete guide to operating the practice, plus access to the various Helpdesks that provide support to the franchise network.
- Group plans – Overview of in-house teams, TaxAssist London, TaxAssist Financial Services, International operations.
- Looking ahead to future tax changes – What we are currently seeing in the accounting sector and what opportunities exist as we move into the economic recovery.
- In-House teams – Development of existing payroll and tax consulting teams to support the network – and the imminent roll out of new services, including Inheritance Tax, Capital Gains Tax, personal tax, mortgage broking, personal protection, business protection, pensions and investments and financial advice.
- New service lines – The range of possible future group, insourcing and partnership arrangements being considered.
- Fee Bank Acquisition – Service to help franchisees expand by purchasing fee banks from accountants exiting the market.
- Business Development initiatives – Harnessing the power of the TaxAssist global brand and the excellent relationship built up with clients through the pandemic. Pricing and fee raising and reinforcing the plans for marketing spends for the year ahead.
- National Campaigns – A key update of the progress of our national advertising campaigns being delivered to promote the brand across all territories
Daren said: “We have all pulled together fantastically well to rise to the challenges posed by the pandemic, proof if needs be of the strength of the franchising model. With a growth rate which is continuing to buck industry trends, and many new exciting initiatives imminently to be rolled out, the message to the network is that we are well positioned to help them get full benefit from the opportunities we will see over time.”
James adds: “We’ve enjoyed seeing the network virtually and we’re looking forward to meeting them face to face hopefully next year. We’re delighted to have seen a successful year on many fronts and our brand has never been stronger. This is down to the hard work and efforts the franchise network has put in to supporting their clients through some uncertain times and the rewards of those clients referring new business in, is reflected in those numbers. The Support Centre has been vital in helping this support to happen and it’s been the defining point for why we’ve won a number of business awards in recent times.
“Our franchisees have become trusted advisors to their clients and we’ve shown we mean business when times are tough. We’re excited about the growth ahead for the network, and in turn, the wider TaxAssist Group.”
Interested and want to know more about TaxAssist Accountants?
The TaxAssist Accountants profile outlines all aspects of their franchise opportunity and allows you to contact them for further information or to ask a question.