Last Updated: 30-July-2019
The Inaugural Brokerplan Network Conference
Five years since being awarded Principal Status with Financial Conduct Authority the first ever network conference was held at the Arden Hotel in Solihull. Attended by almost 50 network members and 10 lenders partners were treated to a day of celebration, education, networking and motivation followed by a few drinks and an informal meal in the evening.
The conference was opened by Deputy MD, John Kent who explained the format for the day and the schedule of round table discussions by lenders. A series of 10 x mini presentations/interactive discussions straddled lunchtime, before a number of awards were presented by the lenders and Operations Director, David Fine.
Notable Awards included:
- Broker of the Year – Darren Peacock, Peacock Finance (Generating over £500k of gross fee income in 4 years)
- Most Completed Cases – Rob Griffin, Aspired Finance (Completing on 110 cases in 12 months)
- Best First Case – Justin Matravers, Choice Finance (Factoring case generating over £2k per month/£100k over 4 years) NB This case is into 14 months but average Factoring cases pay out for 3-4 years
- Best Newcomer – Mark Everard, Michaels Commercial (Great first year including £24k fees in 24 days in May 2019)
- Laissez Faire – James Wallis, Aben Finance (Exceeding well beyond Six Figures working Part-Time)
After the awards the conference was treated to a motivational speech by the inspirational Stuart Myers of World at Your Feet.
Following a few drinks in the bar an evening meal was served in a private dining area at the wonderful Jilabi Restaurant in a private dining area.
The following day, the majority of the network attended the NACFB Expo at the NEC where they had the opportunity to attend free seminars throughout the day, visit almost 150 lender stands as well as catch up with White Rose Finance Group founder, Geoff Wilson who is also on the board of the NACFB and was carrying out directorial duties at the Expo.