Right at Home Australia and its franchise network is a provider of Home Care Services to older Australians, adults with a disability and people recovering at home after a hospital stay or surgery.
If you have a passion for building a business that serves others, and you want to affiliate yourself with an established international industry leader, we encourage you to keep reading to learn more about Right at Home.
Services we offer
Right at Home delivers a range of services including companion care, personal care and nursing care to meet the needs of our clients in their own (home) environment. The care we provide will enable our clients to live with as much independence and dignity as their circumstances permit, providing peace of mind to both our clients and their families.
Right at Home is an organisation dedicated to improving the quality of life for those we serve. We take a holistic approach to care, supported by an outcomes driven, measurable, care planning process. In a nutshell, Right at Home focuses on the individual, on their specific needs, to produce an improvement in our client’s happiness and wellbeing.
Our Right at Home Franchise Owners are in a unique position to take advantage of the changing demographics in Australia, with the 5.5million baby boomers reaching retirement age over the next 15 years.
Bringing International Success to Australia
Right at Home is a leader in the in-home care industry in eight countries around the world. With more than 590 locations in eight countries and over $490m in annual sales, Right at Home is one of the largest home care franchise networks in the world, making a positive difference in the lives of over 17,000 people each and every day. Right at Home have eleven offices open in Australia, Brisbane South (QLD), Townswille (QLD), Central Queensland (QLD), Sunshine Coast (QLD), Gold Coast/Northern Rivers (QLD), Toowoomba (QLD), Sydney North West (NSW), Sydney The Hills (NSW), Padstow St George (NSW), Wagga Wagga (NSW) and Perth Northern Suburbs (WA).
Daryl and Karen Sahli bought the Master Franchise rights for Right at Home Australia in December 2013 and they share a commitment and dedication to providing excellent care for older Australians, people with disabilities and persons recovering from a hospital stay. Daryl and Karen have aging parents of their own and have an intimate understanding of the difficulties family carers face in juggling family, children and career. They understand that just a little bit of care goes a very long way.
A Lucrative Market and a Winning Franchise Model
The Australian population is ageing as a result of increasing life expectancy and sustained low fertility following the post-war baby boom. Here are the most important statistics regarding aging in Australia:
- 3.5m persons over 65 in Australia or +- 14% of total population.
- By 2056 25% of the population will be over 65.
- There are 344,100 people aged over 85 years in Australia making up 1.6% of the population. This group is projected to grow rapidly to 7.3% by 2056.
- 85% of persons over 85 need care of some sort.
The Right at Home franchise program offers you one of the most comprehensive packages available in the industry, including:
- Large protected territories.
- Comprehensive initial and ongoing training, and time saving vendor relationships and national contractual relationships. Our training takes place at our Australian Head Office in Brisbane and our International Head Office in Omaha Nebraska. We also offer training to staff members particularly, Office Managers, Customer Service Managers and Care Managers.
- Approved Provider status under the Aged Care Act (1997) – Right at Home has the accreditation needed to provide care to people on Government Funded Home Care Packages. This accreditation can be extended to new franchise offices opening anywhere in Australia.
- A service offering that is needed much by older Australians and people living with disabilities, but also private hospitals and health insurance funds. These include services to people who support themselves and those people on government supported packages.
- Relevant, customised franchise support that is focused on providing excellent client care, as well as franchise profitability. Our franchise support is provided 24/7.
- Executive team leadership with extensive nursing and home care experience to guide you.
- An opening timeline that averages just over 90 days from contract signing to business opening.
- A fulfilling opportunity to grow a business while providing a much-needed service to your community.
Franchise Owner Benefits
Unlike many franchise opportunities, home care offers benefits well beyond the possibility of monetary growth. This isn’t just an investment in a business; it’s also an investment in your community and your personal fulfilment.
You provide a better quality of life
When you leave your office at the end of the day, you haven’t just made a dollar; you’ve made someone’s day. Home Care is a necessary service that helps an aging population remain independent in comfortable surroundings. Your care – and the resulting independence – is often the difference between someone feeling happiness rather than helplessness.
You provide stability and affordability.
Family relationships are fragile. When something changes, it can often upset the balance of the entire unit, emotionally and financially. Your presence and services can make a difficult situation easier for the entire family at an affordable cost.
You provide fulfilling employment.
Most franchises create jobs; at Right at Home you create meaningful jobs. You’re not just helping your employees put food on the table; you’re providing a sense of accomplishment to those who are able to enrich the lives of others. With Right at Home’s proven track record, you’re also putting money into your community so that it can grow and thrive.
Training and Support
The abiding rule for Right at Home Australia is that the franchise support must be effective. In other words, it is the perception that support is available and effective but also a practical identification that this is, in fact, the case.
Franchisee and franchisor satisfaction with the quality and quantity of support, along with both network-wide and individual-unit financial success is the definition of “Effective”.
Right at Home operates state-of-the-art enterprise management systems that provide a high level of efficiency and cost savings.
Right at Home offer an initial two-week training program, one week in Omaha Nebraska and second week in Brisbane Australia. On-going start-up training using our unique 120-point, 18 month, RightStart program drives the success of our new owners.
Like all business ventures, a Right at Home franchise requires an investment in time as well as a financial investment.
Our Initial Franchise Fee is $120,000 which includes training, systems and procedures, and the rollout of the RightStart program.
We estimate that our new owners would need an additional $70,000 in setup costs including the recruitment of care management staff.
Working capital will be required during the early stages of the business and advice should be sort from your accountant or business adviser as to the amount needed.
Territories & Locations
Right at Home offers large exclusive territories that have in excess of 35,000 persons over 65 with a high proportion of self-funded retirees.
As Right at Home offers post-hospital stay care, total population is also an important criteria.
As Right at Home is launching its franchise business territories are available throughout Australia.
There’s no magic formula or personality test that will tell you, without question, whether or not you should be in the home care business. There’s also no perfect age, gender or marital status that will guarantee success. But there are some common themes. Once you complete your research, including talking with several of our existing franchise owners, you’ll have a much better idea of whether or not this business is a good fit for you.
Experience in our industry is not a prerequisite. We would like to train our franchise owners in all aspects of our business and how we do things.
Successful Right at Home Franchisees are highly motivated and have a strong desire and passion to be successful in a home care business. For some, it’s a passion for making a difference in the lives of families in their local community. For others, it’s a passion for building a successful business and for creating independence for their family through business ownership.
Whatever your motivation is, in order to be successful, you must have a passion together with:
- Personal experience in running your own business or a senior management role managing others
- Confidence and enthusiasm for selling home care
- The ability to motivate others
- A quick learner and be able to pass skills and knowledge on to staff
For more information about this exceptional franchise business opportunity,
please complete the short form below:
Interested and want to know more?
By clicking the link below, we can send you further information on this franchise opportunity and allow you to contact them direct with any questions.
This is FREE and non-obligatory; we never share or sell your personal information.