You are an expert! Now claim your space in the spotlight
Article by Dee Blick
The Marketing Gym
Accept it. You’re an expert. You may not realise it. It may be that others look upon you as a genuine expert but you’re not taking advantage of this. And if you’re building a franchise my question to you is: why not?!
As an expert, a genuine person of influence you shed light, inspire others and provide much-needed direction. You become a beacon of expert commonsense; a go-to person attracting interest in your franchise and you attract people interested in becoming franchisees.
But where do you start on our expert building journey?
- Take off your modesty blinkers and audit your expertise. Realise how far you’ve come; acknowledge the value in what you have to say.
- Push out of your comfort zone. “I can” “I will” “I am” should be your phrases of choice.
- Identify the audiences that will benefit from your expert status. Where do they hang out? What do they read? Seek out opportunities to engage with the people that need your expertise and those people interested in buying a franchise from you.
- Prepare an expert plan. How can you disseminate your expertise? In blogs, on forums, in printed publications, on the radio, on social media, at networking groups, at exhibitions and public speaking? Do you need to brush up on your public speaking skills?
- Prepare assets that will underpin your expert status. For example a speaker biography and a short biography to attach to any articles you write.
- Write a book! Not just any old book but a brilliant book in which you share real nuggets of your expertise for the benefit of your readers. A credible non-fiction book can be as little as 40,000 words. It’s the best promotional tool you could have. But, if you’re going down this route put your readers at the heart of your universe by crafting a well-written, superbly edited, beautifully designed book. The world is full of self published books resplendent with spelling mistakes and poor design. Be different. You want your expertise to be in demand and your book to shine further light still on your expert status.
About Dee Blick
Dee is a genuine number one Amazon bestselling author (The Ultimate Small Business Marketing Book, The 15 Essential Marketing Masterclasses For Your Small Business) In her latest award winning new book: The Ultimate Guide to Writing and Marketing a Bestselling Book - on a Shoestring Budget she shares how you can become a genuine person of influence in your field by writing a book that becomes a bestseller.
Last Updated: 17-November-2015