For the past 185 years, Pitman Training has enjoyed an unrivalled reputation as an elite training provider and with centres offering over 250 courses, it is clear to see why our franchise network is growing at such an extraordinary rate.
Since Sir Isaac Pitman created Pitman Shorthand, we have become synonymous with high-quality, modern training courses and diplomas across a variety of subjects. As a business, Pitman has become an education-technology specialist focused on helping people find work or achieve greater success in their careers.
Pitman’s course completion rate is five times higher than other higher education businesses in the sector, making us the go-to choice for adult learners.
“Joining Pitman was the perfect opportunity for me to help improve people’s career prospects, gain promotions or help them get back into work. One thing I’ve found about being a franchise partner with Pitman is that you’re in business for yourself but not by yourself. There’s a level of comfort that you get because other people are involved in the same project, it’s a real team effort.”
Chris Wyle, multi-unit franchise partner
The Pitman Training Franchise Opportunity
Pitman Training is offering a scalable, multi-unit management opportunity to the right partners in Ireland.
You don’t need “teaching” or “training” experience as your Centre Manager and Learning Coaches facilitate the delivery of the multi-modal learning courses. This allows you to focus on developing your Adult Education Centre business and making vital connections in the community.
Pitman offers franchisees multiple income streams – train private customers, public sector and corporate clients and host external exams.
Why choose a Pitman Training Franchise
- A brand leader in in our marketplace
- Voted the UK’s top Adult Education Franchise
- Opportunity for impressive financial returns and recurring income streams
- Proven business model - around 85 Pitman Training Franchisees in the UK, Ireland and worldwide
- Opportunity to build a multi-unit empire
- Over 150 years of business and franchise expertise at your disposal
- Unique offer – flexible, in tune with today’s needs
- Growing market – IT is fast-moving, creating continuous demand
- Multi-sector / income streams – private consumers, business and public sector
- Sophisticated business management systems and marketing support
- Consistently recognised as one of the UK’s Business Superbrands™
- Training delivered via their market leading combination of audio, workbooks and live software
- You don’t need to do the teaching. Pitman do it for you.
- Wraparound support throughout your franchise lifecycle
Our training and support
Training is at the very core of our business, so the support and training Pitman offer you plays a crucial part from the very beginning of your franchising journey and throughout your time with us.
At the start of your franchising journey, Pitman will provide one-week of dedicated training at our head office with contributions from each department in the business, plus time in one of our corporately owned centres.
You will then get on-the-job training within your premises and world-class training on our virtual learning environment - Pitman Campus. During this training, you will learn the Pitman Way - a focal point for ongoing training.
You are also given support in all areas of the business from operations through to sales. You also have unlimited access to our portfolio of hundreds of training programmes to boost your skills whether that be in bookkeeping, digital marketing or communication/sales skills.
“I’ve been able to help far more people than I ever could’ve dreamed of when I was working freelance. Head office provides us with sophisticated business management systems and marketing support. They’re also always looking to develop the products we use to make sure there are various innovative ways for students to learn.”
Joy Renshaw, Pitman Training Brighton
Ideal partner profile
The Pitman franchise is well suited to those with middle management experience that possess good sales and marketing ability combined with a sound knowledge of computer literacy.Request FREE info Request FREE info