It's in our bones...
Shoryu is a leading fast-casual ramen bar specialising in high quality, authentic Hakata tonkotsu ramen.
Our delicious ramen is complemented by Japanese buns, gyoza, yakitori, a variety of other trend setting sides and desserts and the one of the largest sake selection and green tea from Japan's premier growing regions.
All the food is prepared to order in an open kitchen, which is the centre piece of each Shoryu restaurant and provides an added value of theatre and experience to each Shoryu customer.
Shoryu caters to a target audience of students, professionals and tourists offering eat in, take away and delivery options.
It has an authentic yet modern urban pitch with a distinct Japanese flavour; suited to shopping, leisure and transport destinations or interchanges with a varied brand representation.
Since its inception in 2012, Shoryu has been successfully operating in a variety of locations and footprints throughout the UK. We are now looking for experienced partners in Ireland.
As part of its expansion strategy, Shoryu is looking for motivated partners who have the experience and resources to build the Shoryu business across Ireland in accordance with an agreed development schedule.
Shoryu is backed by a trio of established restaurant companies and Japanese food retailers with extensive experience in global franchise operations.
Japan Centre Group supports Shoryu’s development with a £2 mn centralised production unit, a 50,000 sq ft warehouse and logistics facility and a 50-strong head office.
We offer a development agreement for a term of 10 years (with an automatic right of renewal).
A strong business model
- Healthy average unit volume and operating cost
- Efficient and systemised operation not requiring high labour requirements and rare restaurant skills
- Uncomplicated, vertically integrated supply chain
- Award-winning restaurant design
- Powerful marketing and PR activity
- Robust market track-record
- Excellent ROI potential
Shoryu operates in prime real estate with a flexible model allowing it to seize multiple location opportunities.
- 1,000-2,000 sq ft inline
- Potential for smaller or larger premises
- Prime mixed-use retail and leisure schemes
- Mall sites
- Focus on major Irish towns and cities in particular Dublin
Key advantages of a Shoryu Ramen franchise
- Enormous market opportunity fuelled by the trend towards healthier lifestyles and more authentic dining experiences
- Great brand enjoying tremendous reputation with consumers and the property community – 10 years proven track record in the UK
- Average £30k+ turnover per week (2021)
- Uncomplicated business model: half the size of a casual dining operation
- Owned and supported by established international companies running 1,800 F&B outlets and a £2mn central production and distribution facility in London.
- Providing outstanding support to franchisees: constant menu innovation, national supply chain, national and local marketing & PR support and franchisee training and development.
- Excellence in business operations
- Passion for hospitality & restaurants
- Experience of quality F&B operations (not necessarily Japanese)
- Clear understanding of Shoryu concept & brand
- Understanding of Japanese Food & Culture
- Access to funding for the business venture
- Ability to build/utilise a team to deliver first site
- Entrepreneurial, but willing to work within confines of brand standards
- Compatible personalities and business ethics to the Shoryu brand
How we train and support you
To help its franchisees hit the ground running, Shoryu is committed to providing a truly comprehensive support package from the outset:
- 2 weeks training at its existing restaurants
- 3 weeks opening assistance at the franchisee’s location
- Provision of a comprehensive franchise manual
- Assistance with restaurant layout definition
- Provision of equipment specs and schedule
- Optimised supply lines for both food ingredients and crockery
- Assistance with property search and lease acquisition
- Provision of a location report based on local demographics data
- Coordination of the first restaurant launch campaign
A new franchise opening will see each Head of Department - operations, IT, marketing, supply chain - directly involved in overseeing the project with their team.
To ensure its franchisees are successful, Shoryu will continue to support them every step of the way with:
- Continuous menu development
- Organisation of group purchasing schemes
- Introduction of nominated suppliers
- Ongoing analysis of the key performance indicator for each franchise business
- Ongoing updating of the Operations Manual
- Updating and maintenance of third-party and in-house EPOS systems
- Availability of telephone advice and guidance from a Shoryu Franchise Manager
- National marketing and PR planning
- Development and updating of branded promotional materials
- Design and availability of marketing campaigns that help to build repeat customer business
- Maintenance of a quality website and social media to include regular updates of franchise partner information
Interested and want to know more?
By clicking the link below, we can send you further information on this franchise opportunity and allow you to contact them direct with any questions.
This is FREE and non-obligatory; we never share or sell your personal information.