Lingotot provides multi award-winning language classes to thousands of children each week in nurseries, schools and local community venues. The Lingotot method makes use of active, communicative and interactive teaching methods which come naturally to young learners; learning is through songs, stories, games, drama and play.
Lingotot was established in 2009 by Angela Sterling. Angela is a fully qualified teacher whose GCSE students ranked in the top 10 in the world, and who also worked for Newcastle and Southampton universities, researching language acquisition at different ages. When Angela first founded Lingotot, she wanted to give children the opportunity to experience and explore new languages and cultures while reaping the all-round benefits of language-learning on their way to global citizenship.
Since the BBC attended Angela’s first ever class, the business has seen rapid growth and we now teach around 20,000 children per week via our network of over 50 franchisees who are achieving the level of flexibility and success that they want. You don’t need to have a teaching qualification or be multilingual to be a Lingotot franchisee; it is an advantage but not a requirement.
- Signed 18 new franchisees in the UK
- Signed first international master in Rep of Ireland
- Became BFA associate member
- Got into top 100 of Elite Franchise
- Awarded silver at AFA awards for Franchisor of the Year
Why choose a Lingotot franchise?
When you join the Lingotot family you enter a friendly and professional network from a range of different backgrounds who all share a common purpose: making language learning child’s play.
You don’t need to have a teaching qualification or be multilingual to be a Lingotot franchisee; it is an advantage but not a requirement.
There are a number of key benefits of a Lingotot franchise:
- Complete flexibility: Choose your own languages, classes, work patterns and even if you want to teach at all! - Mornings can include classes in the community or nurseries, and afternoons, language classes in schools or after-school clubs.
- Low start-up costs: Classes are run in nurseries, schools and the community, no large expense required on setting up dedicated premises. The only investment required is the initial franchise fee of £8200+VAT
- Variety of income streams: Including classes in schools during curriculum time, baby groups, pre-school classes, extra-curricular clubs, holiday camps, Generations classes in care homes, LingoStars drama, LingoChoir, LingoChat courses for adults and additional revenue through product sales.
- Fast growing brand renowned for quality: We are proud to be an ASSOCIATE member of the British Franchise Association (BFA). Lingotot is the only children’s language franchise to offer teaching qualifications for staff accredited by NCFE Cache in addition to qualifications for our children.
- Growing focus by parents and the Government: The benefits to children of the early learning of languages is being increasingly recognised by both parents and the Government and languages are now compulsory in English primary schools.
- Family owned business: We are invested in your success as the brand is very close to our hearts and your success is our success. We genuinely call ourselves The Lingotot Family!
How we train and support you
Franchisees benefit from a Franchise Business Qualification and further certificates in safeguarding, data protection, first aid etc. Some training is online, and you will attend an intensive business training weekend. This is followed with regular 1:1 mentoring and 3 months of handholding. Behind the scenes we operate our award-winning intranet, LingoHub. LingoHub provides access to all back of office functions from class booking to financial data.
All further training is free and includes mentoring, personalised reports, weekly training via webinar and much more!
Full support for 8 languages: English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Mandarin, Arabic and Welsh.
What do we look for in a Lingotot franchisee?
The main requirement for becoming a Lingotot Franchisee is that you have a passion for teaching children languages, we focus more on recruiting the right people rather than those with specific skills or experience.
So, whilst being multilingual is an advantage, it is not a requirement. And if your language skills are a bit rusty, we have a LingoBoost programme to polish them up. Some of our franchisees do not speak any other languages themselves and rely on tutors to teach the lessons.
Previous teaching experience is an advantage but again not required as we provide accredited teacher training.
No previous business experience required; we provide full support.