Total Guide to is an online information hub for towns and cities across the UK. Franchisees run their own local Total Guide website that including dedicated sections for Eating/Drinking, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Business, Families, Jobs, Property, Motoring and Sport.
“I have always wanted to have my own marketing business to not only make money but to help others grow their business. Total Guide to is marketing with a difference, its online marketing as well as the care of the client is on the top of their agenda. The team from the central office have been absolutely amazing through our journey and they help us every step of the way. Our clients love the vibrance of the team and website and I would seriously suggest speaking to Liz if you are driven and passionate about bringing communities together and willing to put in some hard work for great results”.
Liam Armstrong, Total Guide to Bristol – Franchise Owner
The role of a Total Guide to franchisee
Total Guide to franchisees work with local business to offer customers information on what’s on, special offers from businesses, latest business news, advice and interviews with local business owners, competitions, local celebrity news and interviews, sport fixtures and news, fashion, well-being and beauty features, motoring and fitness features.
Total Guide to works with clients of all sectors and sizes from national brands such as Domino’s Pizza to Longleat Safari Park to local cafes, takeaways, bars, restaurants, gyms, children’s services, hairdressers and other local businesses.
Clients pay the franchisee a monthly retainer (6 to 12 month agreements so franchisees have guaranteed recurring revenue) for branding, content, guide inclusion, listings, events, jobs, offers, competitions, email insertions and promotion on our social networks. There are also ad-hoc/bolt-on options available for seasonal campaigns, launches and events which are great for boosting cashflow throughout the year.
As well as selling to businesses in your location, you also can generate additional money by cross-selling packages on the group website.
Total Guide to offers franchisees a business that is not only flexible and can fit around family life as well as other business and personal commitments, but it can be fun! You get to meet local business owners, find out about their business, attend local events and review food establishments. You will enjoy the satisfaction of helping local businesses to grow and being an integral part of your local community.
You do not need to stick to traditional working hours so you can open your laptop and start making introductions and offers at any time of the day.
You need to be friendly and approachable with meeting, and picking up the phone to, local businesses who would benefit from promoting their services through your Total Guide to website. You need to be motivated and hungry for making a sale and developing your business; your passion for your business will help sell your services to local businesses. And equally able to take rejection and move on to the next potential client.
How we train and support you
One month initial technical and business training courses, including:
- Content Management System Training
- Sales and Product Training
- Marketing and PR Training (including SEO, Social Media and PR)
- Photoshop/Design Training
- Ongoing additional ad-hoc training to develop the range of services you can provide in your business such as social media management and training
- Business Mentoring from Founder and Managing Director Liz Hutchings
- What’s App group with National Office Staff and Franchisees for ongoing support and knowledge sharing
- Franchisee and National Office Facebook group for ongoing support and knowledge sharing
- Weekly 30 min video calls with Liz or Rachael
- Site visits every six months
Who’s ideal for us
- Individuals looking to set up their own business quickly with minimal risk and investment
- Local councils, BIDs or Chambers of Commerce looking for an all-encompassing local website which can be monetised
- Young Entrepreneurs wanting to take control of their own destiny without the constraints of a big corporate and to learn on the job with the support of an establish brand
- Parents wanting to work from home and around the kid’s school/childcare times
- Anyone wanting to set up their own business with interest and skills in sales, digital marketing and writing
- Those passionate and knowledgeable about the town/city or area they live
- Confidence to develop your customer base - cold calling, networking, face to face meetings, sourcing and contacting prospects via social media
- Tenacity and drive to make sure you work hard and smart every day
- A flair for writing and digital content creation
- Experience of writing compelling sales emails / proposals (templates will be provided though)
- Social Media experience - Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Networking and building solid business relationships (having existing contacts in your patch would mean you would hit the ground running)
How much does a Total Guide to franchise cost?
The investment ranges from £8,000+VAT to £25,000+VAT; dependent on territory size; e.g. a town the site of Newbury approx. 155,000 population would be £8,000, a city the size of Manchester or Leeds would be £20K-£25K. Please enquire to find out about available territories and investment.
The Licence Fee is based on 5% of your turnover.;
What’s included in the Licence Fee?
Your franchise entitles you to trade under the Total Guide to name and to make use of our in-house staff, site, software, content management and IT software to build yourself a successful business that you will manage and run. You will have access to all aspects of the business, including all the marketing material, the website, newsletters, prospecting system, CRM, social media and ongoing support and training.
Examples of earnings:
Proven model - our first site Total Guide to Swindon had a £179k turnover and 26k profit in year 1 – during the recession!
A website the size of Newbury would be projected to turnover £60,000 in year one, doubling the following year.
A website the size of Manchester would be projected to turnover £120,000 in the first year doubling year on year.Request FREE info